As the biggest trade union in the health service UNISON understands the role you have played and continue to play in dealing with the pandemic. Now it’s time for the government to recognise this and turn their applause and warm words for NHS staff into a meaningful and early pay rise.
UNISON is calling for a rise of at least £2,000 on every pay point – and to get that paid before the end of the year. £2,000 for everyone is fair and reasonable for the whole NHS team. Supporting it is the least the government can do for NHS staff. It isn’t complicated, and it could be implemented across the NHS quickly. Find out more about the claim here.
We are campaigning for full funding from central government for our OneTeam2K early pay rise – so paying staff more does not have to come from existing Trust budgets. We have written to South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust to tell them about our campaign and ask them to support it. Whilst it is not possible for the Trust to be directly involved in lobbying on terms and conditions, they have reiterated the huge value they place on the wellbeing of SWASFT employees. The management of the Trust recognises that it has been an extremely challenging time for the for all colleagues and that appropriate remuneration is essential to recognise everyone’s ongoing efforts.
To win, we need you and your colleagues to raise your voices and make the politicians take notice. MPs are set to receive a pay rise of £3,300 – we need to let them know that you deserve more than applause!
Please do at least one of these things on or around these dates to help achieve our goals:
• Click this link to write to your MP in three easy steps.
• Click this link to sign a joint letter to MPs and local politicians. We will add your name along with others from your workplace.
• Speak to your colleagues about the pay claim and ask them to write to their MP and sign the joint letter. Forward this email on to them if you wish. And if they’re not in UNISON, ask them to join: join.unison.org.uk.
• Display a poster in your staff room or work area – download and print an A4 or A3 poster here (scroll down to ‘resources’).
• Take a selfie, or picture of your colleagues, and send it to us with a quote that we can use in our social media posts and on our website. You can upload your pictures here, and you can also download a speech bubble sign to hold up in your picture if you wish.
• Use social media to get our message out using #OneTeam2k #Twodaysfor2k and tag us using @SWAAHBUNISON (Twitter) or @UNISONSW (Facebook & Twitter).
• If you’d like to get more involved in the campaign or find out how you can represent your colleagues in other ways please click here to give us your details and we’ll get in touch.
We’ve seen how the government has been forced to U-turn on several issues recently in the face of pressure. Our research shows that two-thirds of the public believe NHS workers should get a significant pay rise in the light of the pandemic. We can win this, so please use your voice and join us to get the pay you deserve!